Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Smoker


After much consideration and begging of the wife, I pulled the trigger and ordered a new smoker. I had been mentioning to my wife that a new smoker would be nice over and over and finally she said, why don't we get one.

We took a trip to Georgia, just after Christmas and visited Stumps Smokers Inc. There, I looked at two models that I had been considering: A Classic and a Stretch. I was like a kid in a candy store and couldn't make up my mind, so I had to see them up close and personal. I poked, prodded, kicked the tires and decided on the Stretch. Stumps himself was there and after numerous questions and information gathering, I decided on the Stretch. My wife just shook her head and smiled. Stumps and his wife Tab were a pleasure to deal with and patiently put up with all my questions and they provided me with the information with which to make an informed decision.

Now the hard part comes. I was told that it would take at least six weeks for it to be built and shipped to me. How am I ever going to wait that long. Those that know me, know that I will probably be a basket case by the time it arrives. I will go over every detail in my mind and cook who know how many imaginary butts, briskets, ribs and yes even chicken in it before it finally shows up crated in my driveway. My poor wife is already steeling herself for the hell I'm about to put her through, 'till it gets here. Did I mention that she was a saint?

For those of you wondering, yes my new baby has a name. Her name is Raquel and she weighs 575 pounds and is 44.5 inches long. She will have a shiny "Eagles Green" color.

No comments:

Post a Comment